Delta SkyMiles® Blue Card from American Express Review
2020.1 Update: The welcome offer is 15k now. This card is also revamped, the changes are:
- Earn 2x on restaurants now (previously 1x);
- No foreign transaction fee now.
- 15k offer: earn 15,000 Miles after spending $1,000 in first 3 months.
- We value Delta Miles at 1.3 cents/mile (Airline Miles Value). So the 15k welcome offer is worth about $195! See A Beginner’s Guide to Delta Miles to check for details about Delta Miles.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on restaurants and Delta purchases; 1 mile per $1 on other purchases.
- 20% savings on in–flight foods and entertainment.
- With this credit card, you can get access to Amex Offers, which often offers very good discounts at some stores. In the past we have seen offers like: Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart; Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- The sign-up bonus is really low.
Recommended Application Time
- You can only get the welcome bonus once in a lifetime, so be sure to apply when the historical highest offer appears.
- [New] Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who: (1) Have or have had this product or the Delta SkyMiles® Options Credit Card, or (2) Currently have or have had one of the following products in the last 90 days: Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, or Delta Reserve® Credit Card.
- AmEx doesn’t care about the number of hard pulls.
- You can try to apply for it when you have a credit history of 6 months.
- Only 2 AmEx credit cards can be approved within 90 days, but this rule does not apply to charge cards. Multiple cards approved in the same day will only have one Hard Pull.
- You can keep at most 5 AmEx credit cards, but this rule does not apply to charge cards.
This card is useless and not worth applying. But it still has some value, because it is a perfect downgrade option for other AmEx Delta cards. Previously, we didn’t have a no fee Delta card to downgrade to, now finally we have one! Note that you can’t get this card if you currently have another AmEx Delta card, see Recommended Application Time part for detail.
Related Credit Cards
- AmEx Blue Delta SkyMiles
- AmEx Gold Delta SkyMiles
- AmEx Gold Delta SkyMiles Business
- AmEx Platinum Delta SkyMiles
- AmEx Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business
- AmEx Delta Reserve
- AmEx Delta Reserve Business
- Click here to check AmEx application status.
- AmEx reconsideration backdoor number: 877-399-3083. The “real” backdoor number of Amex is well protected. Different from Chase, the representatives from this AmEx reconsideration backdoor number only have the right to help you submit requests.
Historical Offers Chart