The United TravelBank Card Review
- $150 offer: earn $150 TravelBank Cash after spending $1000 in the first 3 months.
- Earn 2% in TravelBank cash per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased from United, and earn 1.5% in TravelBank cash per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- How to use TravelBank Cash: $1 in TravelBank cash = $1 when used toward the purchase of a ticket on flights operated by United and United Express. You can purchase a flight ticket with some TravelBank Cash plus some cash, and there’s no minimum requirement for redemption.
- Earn 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food and beverages onboard United-operated flights.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- No annual fee.
- There’s no free checked bag, priority boarding etc. benefits.
Recommended Application Time
- [5/24 Rule] If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. The number of new accounts includes all credit card accounts, not only Chase accounts. See this post for details about how to possibly bypass this rule.
- You are not eligible for this sign-up bonus if you received a sign-up bonus on this card within 24 months. Note that what matters here is the time you got the sign-up bonus, not the time you opened or closed the account.
- Don’t apply for more than 2 Chase credit cards within 30 days, or it’s highly likely that you will get rejected.
- We recommend you to apply for this card after you have a credit history for more than a year.
This card seems to be useless. CFU by Chase itself also has 1.5% cash back rate, yet the “cash back” on this card can only be used towards UA flight ticket, very restrictive. No other highlights as well. This card is a good downgrade option for Chase UA Explorer.
Currently we don’t have answers to the following questions, and we need data points to confirm:
- Can we earn the 25% bonus points on MPX with this card?
- Can we see XN award availability with this card?
Related Credit Cards
- Chase United MileagePlus Rewards
- Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
- Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Business
- Chase United MileagePlus Club
- Chase United MileagePlus Club Business
- Chase United TravelBank (this post)
Historical Offers Chart