CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® Review
2020.1 Update: The 75k and 70k offers are expired. The current offer is 65k.
2019.10 Update: The 75k offer is back. This is the highest historical offer, so if you need AA miles this is a good time to apply.
- 65k Offer: earn 65,000 AAdvantage Miles after spending $4,000 in first 4 months. The recent best offer is 75k.
- We value AA Miles at 1.5 cents/point (Airline Miles Value), so the 75k highest sign-up bonus worth about $1,125! See A Beginner’s Guide to AA Miles to check for details about AA Miles.
- Earn 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, 1 AAdvantage mile per $1 on other purchases.
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines flights for you and up to four companions.
- Earn an American Airlines Companion Certificate each year after spending $30,000 or more.
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights.
- 25% savings on eligible in–flight purchases using card.
- Fly to select destinations on American Airlines operated flights for up to 7,500 fewer AAdvantage miles with Reduced Mileage Awards.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $99 annual fee, waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- [8/65 Rule] You can apply for at most 1 Citi card every 8 days and at most 2 Citi cards every 65 days, regardless of whether you are approved.
- [Updated] [1/48 Rule] The welcome bonus is not available if you have received a new account bonus for this card in the past 48 months.
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least one year.
This business card is quite similar to the personal version. The sign-up bonus of this card is usually very high, which makes it one of the best sign-up bonus and thus worth applying for almost anyone who can use AA miles. However, the earnings rate is not impressive, which makes it hard to justify holding after the first year due to the $95 annual fee. If you fly AA a lot and the perks of the card are valuable to you, it may be worth keeping. Otherwise you can consider downgrading it to a card with no annual fee (if available).
Related Credit Cards
- Citi AAdvantage MileUp
- Citi AAdvantage Platinum
- Citi AAdvantage Executive
- CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum (this post)
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Red
- Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Business
Recommended Downgrade Options
- Call 888-201-4523 to check Citi application status.
- Citi reconsideration backdoor number: 605-331-1698. This is a so called “Citi EO” (Executive Office) phone number. This phone number is not designed to make reconsiderations, but the representatives are really helpful.