U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card Review
2018.1 Update: The FlexPerks used to be worth different value for different airline prices, and now they are worth fixed 1.5 c/p towards travel.
- Earn 30,000 FlexPoints after spending $2000 in first 4 months.
- FlexPoints are worth fixed 1.5 cents/point towards travel (such as airline, hotel, car rental, etc.), and worth fixed 1.0 cent/point towards statement credit. So the 30k highest sign-up bonus is worth $450.
- Earn 3 FlexPoints per $1 spent on restaurants, 2 FlexPoints per $1 spent on gas and airlines, 1 FlexPoint per $1 spent on other purchases.
- $25 air travel credit per award ticket for baggage fees or in-flight food and drinks.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Complimentary Boingo membership (Free Wi-Fi at many airports).
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee.
- $85 annual fees, NOT waived for the first year.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
The value of FlexPerks is now fixed, and you can’t get extra high value any more. This card has the highest cash back rate for restaurants other than CSR, but it has $85 annual fee. Worth it or not? It really depends on how much you spend on restaurants. It’s difficult to get US bank cards, so we don’t recommend this card to beginners.
Related Credit Cards
Historical Offers Chart